Our history

Wilkins Solicitors LLP prides itself on being a local firm with years of history behind it, combined with a dynamic team of lawyers committed to the needs of its many diverse clients, whatever their background and needs.

The Firm was founded in Aylesbury around 1899 by Edward Wilkins. The office was originally a branch of an established High Wycombe firm, but very soon became an independent practice. At the time the town of Aylesbury was growing rapidly, and Wilkins expanded to meet the local legal needs. By the early post-war years it had become one of three principal practices in the town.

Wilkins’ substantial client base was established through demand in those early years for services relating to property matters, probate, wills and trusts. More recently the Firm has responded to the need for legal services in personal injury, employment law and civil litigation and now has Members specialising in all these areas.

Wilkins Solicitors offices at Lincoln House, Church Street, Aylesbury

Wilkins Solicitors’ offices at Lincoln House, Church Street, Aylesbury

With respect to location, Wilkins’ Aylesbury office used to be housed on the site of the new Aylesbury Theatre, but had to move to make way for this important local development. The Firm had also maintained offices in Thame (Oxfordshire) and Tring (Hertfordshire) but with the benefit of modern communications decided to consolidate its business in Aylesbury, although it continues to serve clients over a wide area. In 2006 Wilkins established two “new” offices in Aylesbury at Lincoln House, Church Street and Partnership House, Aylesbury High Street.   Since 2011 Wilkins has been entirely located at Lincoln House.

On 1st June 2010 Wilkins converted to a limited liability partnership – Wilkins Solicitors LLP trading as Wilkins Solicitors.

Wilkins Solicitors LLP - for legal advice that is friendly and professional