Deputyship Orders

Image to illustrate Deputyship order adviceIt is a common problem that people become incapable of managing their own affairs but have not previously put a lasting power of attorney into place. In these circumstances you can apply for a deputyship order instead. This is an order which allows you to deal with the property and financial affairs of someone else when they are no longer able to do so themselves. It may allow you for example to sign cheques on their behalf, sort out their bills and even sell their property if this is required.

Obtaining such an order is not always simple:

  • Various people need to be notified;
  • Medical evidence needs to be obtained;
  • Insurance issues need to be considered;
  • Court forms need to be filled in and issued.

It’s a good idea to ask for professional help on this. To find out more, call us today on 01296 424681 or send us an email

Wilkins Solicitors LLP - for legal advice that is friendly and professional